March 13, 2020 | By RJS Craft Winemaking
Take everything you love about your favourite bottle of rosé, and now imagine it packed into a delicious gummy! It gets better; they’re surprisingly easy-to-make and even easier to enjoy! This recipe makes approximately 60 gummies (which may seem like a lot!) but they will go fast — especially if you plan to make these for gifts. These gummies also keep well, so if there are any leftovers you don’t need to worry about storing them properly or freezing them – they’ll just hang out on your countertop to nibble for as long as they last.
- 1 cup rosé
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 pkg unflavoured gelatin
- 1 drop red food colouring (optional)
- Sugar for coating
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the rosé and sugar and sprinkle the gelatin overtop; let stand for a few minutes to soften.
- Set over medium high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar and gelatine are dissolved.
- Stir in a drop of food colouring if it’s not quite pink enough.
- Pour into a loaf pan (or small silicone candy moulds, if you have them) and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into small 1/2-inch cubes and roll in a shallow dish of sugar to coat.