June 15, 2018 | By firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a delicious, boozy treat for you that is perfect for a grown-up summer – Tinto De Verano red wine popsicles! Enjoy these easy-to-make popsicles with your favourite RJS Craft Winemaking red wine, lemon lime soda and homemade lime simple syrup. The richness of the red wine paired with the tartness of the lime, and sweetness of the syrup will make these popsicles a favourite!
Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Lime Simple Syrup*
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Juice of 1 lime (Approx. 2 tablespoons)
Tinto De Verano
- 1 1/4 cups red wine
- 1 1/4 cups lemon-lime soda
Lime Simple Syrup
- In a small pot, combine sugar and water. Heat over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, combine wine and soda. Add cooled lime syrup and stir.
- Divide liquid between popsicle mold slots, leaving a little room at the top for popsicles to expand.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Run popsicle mold under warm water and gently remove popsicles.
- Serve and enjoy!
*If you like your popsicles less sweet, you can cut the simple syrup in half and simply replace it with an extra two tablespoons each of wine and soda.