January 16, 2020 | By firstname.lastname@example.org
Nothing says “I love you” quite like something made by you! Treat your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day to handmade craft wine and red wine truffles. Both are easy to make, in terms of the wine – contact a retailer near you to get crafting – and for the truffles, keep reading to get the recipe for Red Wine Chocolate Truffles.
These truffles are the perfect, elegant end to an evening and are sweet and fruity with a complex red wine flavour – yum! We recommend using sweet reds like our En Primeur Winery Series Australia Cabernet Sauvignon, Chilean Merlot or our Cru International Chilean Malbec Style wines.
- 16 oz. milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. red wine (see post for recommendations), room temperature
- 1 TB unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (optional) OR
- 10 oz. melting chocolate
- In a medium bowl, heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time until the chocolate is fully melted.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream just until it starts to steam.
- Pour the heavy cream in the bowl with the melted chocolate and stir, slowly, until fully combined. If the chocolate starts to stiffen, microwave another 30 seconds as needed and continue stirring. This process can take a bit of time, so don’t worry if it doesn’t happen right away.
- Once the cream and chocolate are combined, slowly stir in the red wine and butter. Once fully mixed, cover tightly and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator. Chill until firm – at least 4-6 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Place the cocoa powder in a shallow bowl OR melt the melting chocolate according to manufacturer instructions.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of the chilled mixture and roll into a ball. Working quickly, coat it either in the cocoa powder or melted chocolate and shake off the excess before placing on the baking sheet.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.