June 15, 2018 | By RJS Craft Winemaking
There’s no better way to celebrate the summer season than with a delicious grilled vegetable sandwich, paired with a glass of our citrusy Cru Select New Zealand style Sauvignon Blanc. The clean acidity of the wine will balance delightfully with the minerality of the goat cheese. And the best part, it’s so easy to make! All there is to this sandwich is grilling vegetables, making an easy goat cheese spread, toasting or grilling the bread, and assembling the sandwich. Perfect for summer entertaining!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Goat cheese
- Fresh basil
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh thyme
- Red peppers
- Green Zucchini
- Yellow Zucchini
- Spanish Onions
- Moderately chop fresh basil, oregano and thyme
- In a bowl, combine goat cheese, basil, oregano, and thyme; stir until smooth.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Using tongs and a paper towel coated liberally with canola oil, oil the grill grate.
- Grill the vegetables 2 to 3 minutes a side until cooked and the vegetables have nice grill marks. Note that the bell peppers and onions will take a few minutes longer.
- Transfer to a plate and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the slices of bread and grill, cut-side down, for 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Alternatively, you can also toast the slices under the broiler until golden. Immediately rub garlic over the bottom slice of the grilled baguette for each sandwich.
- Serve by layering grilled vegetables on the bottom half of the sandwich then spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of the herbed goat cheese on the remaining top half of the sandwich and place on top of the vegetables.
Pour yourself a glass of Cru Select New Zealand Style Sauvignon Blanc and bon appétit!