How to craft the perfect wine for your wedding.
Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming nuptials! We know you want to make your wedding as special as possible. Selecting and crafting wine for your guests is a delightful way to make your big day that much more memorable … especially when you adorn every wine bottle with your own personal label and serve it at your reception. Your craft wine is perfect for putting out on the dining tables and as a gift for your guests to take-home as a remembrance of your day.
When should you make your wedding wine?
Your wine will be quite enjoyable on the day it’s bottled, however we recommend you leave whites about one to two months and reds two to three months before serving them at your wedding. Tell us the date of your wedding and we’ll make sure you have a winemaking appointment far enough in advance to make the best-tasting wine.
The amount of wine needed will depend on the size of your wedding. Check out our serving guidelines to calculate how much wine you’ll need for your celebration. Learn more
Follow these steps to estimate your needs:
1. Calculate how many people will be drinking at the event.
2. Multiply this number by four (to give you the maximum number of standard drinks per person you will need).
3. Divide number of standard drinks by five per bottle
4. Divide number of bottles by 30 to determine the number of batches and then round up
1. 100 wine drinking guests attending
2. 100 x 4 standard drinks = 400 standard drinks
3. 400 / 5 (5 glasses per 750ml bottle) = 80 bottles of wine
4. 80/30 750ml bottles per batch = 2.67 or 3 batches of wine will be needed.
Therefore, you could make one batch of red wine, one batch of white wine, and one batch of rosé wine.